Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bernardita G. Ashin
17th June 2010


Hi, it's me, Bernardita. After a two week school break, it's good to be back. I haven't really done much during the break. I did some gardening for a while but it didn't do me good. It was so cold to be out there in the garden and I got the wog but no worries, I'm now good as brand new. Today is the start of the school term for the third quarter and I was excited to be back in class. I was sort of expecting to be doing the usual food preparation and cooking today but unfortunately, the kitchen is not yet quite finished. Anyway, we have another activity lined up today and guess what, it's even more exciting, that is, we'll be recording a video of ourselves in class. It would be fun for a change, instead of watching movie on video, we'll be the one to do the acting. So, today we will be starring in our own video, we will be the actors and actresses. Isn'that great? I'm sure, Noi, Suharti and Natalia will be disappointed not to be in the cast, they'll miss this opportunity to be a star for once n their lifetime because they did not come to class today. Appearing in this video in no particular order and billing are: Junita (our teacher), Sokunthea (from Cambodia), Sanoj and Samanthi (husband and wife respectively from Sri Lanka) and of course, yours truly. We will be talking about the following topics as follows:
Where are you from?
I'm from the Philippines. Before coming to Australia, I lived in Manila for 29 years with my son, Phillip. He's already on his own, having a good paying job in a call center, but he's still single though. As for myself, I had been separated from my husband for quite a while until things changed dramatically when I met my fiance before and now my husband Robbie.
Why?
The reason I come to Australia is to start anew, move on with my life and live with my husband in a genuine, loving, caring and a happy and continuing relationship through thick and thin which are the very essence of what life is all about.
Do you like australia?
Absolutely! I like Australia very much... the people, the beautiful places, the clean air, the weather and the vast opportunities for work and the quality of life most especially.
Have you made friends?
Yes, I do not run out of friends and they come from different nationalities. Other from my own kind in the Filipino group and my relatives, most of my friends come from my classmates here in the Community College East Gippsland' I also made friends with my husband's circle of friends especially his mates from their amateur radio club.
What are your immediate dreams?
First and foremost of my immediate dreams is to be able to drive my own car, and the second of course will just come handy, that is finding a job once I learn how to drive. I have other dreams that I would like to pursue of course like getting my Australian citizenship but this would have to wait for there is a particular time frame for this. Right now, I just have to fulfill my dreams one at a time, the sooner the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment