Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bernardita G. Ashlin

10th May 2010
Bernardita G. Ashlin

Hi! I'm Bernardita. I came from the Philippines. I grew up in a small island called Limasawa in the Visayas Region. It's a beautiful island and a landmark of Catholicism because it is in this historic island that the First Mass of the Philippines was held when the Spaniards first landed and conquerred our archipelago centuries ago.I moved to Manila when I first got married but that marriage didn't work out. I had a son, Phillip with my first marriage back home in the Philippines. He'll be thirty years old comes December but he's still single. He's a call center agent and he's doing good with his job so although I missed him, it doesn't worry me so much with how he'll cope up with his day to day living.

I arrived here in Australia 17th June 2009 on a Fiancee Visa. It was a freezing 6 degrees Centigrade when I landed at Melbourne Airport, very much in contrast to the 32 degrees Centigrade temperature back in Manila which is hot and humid when I left but I survived. It was amazing to see smoke or vapor coming out from your mouth when you talk, things that I see only on television and in the movies before.

I've been here almost a year and it's for real. I've weathered through four seasons here in Australia and they're all fantastic. I had been through winter, spring, summer and autumn. But I like spring and autumn most because they're not so cold and not so hot either. Ever since I came to this country I haven't been back to the Philippines yet. I do not have any plans of going back home yet even for a holiday, maybe in the near future, hopefully.

I got married to my Australian husband last 24th October 2009. He's the very reason why I came to Australia, for us to get married and start a new life. We first met way back 2006 when I first came here in holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment