Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lania

Hello, it's good to see you again. Today I am going to tell a little bit about myself.

My name is Lania and I came from Indonesia. I lived in Malang, a small town in East Java. It is 2 hours drive from Surabaya, the second largest city in Indonesia after Jakarta which is our capital city.

I graduated from Petra University in Surabaya, majoring English Literature. My first job was teaching English at English Course. Then I worked as a secretary in a Japanese trading house, hotels, cable manufacturer, property and travel agent, golf course and my last job before I moved to Australia was as a Personal Assistant in Human Resources Department at One and Only Reethi Rah in Republic of Maldives.

I arrived in Australia in January 2006 to get married to an Australian man. I live in Lakes Entrance ever since. However I have gone back to Indonesia for a visit twice, in 2007 and 2008.

I like Australia, it is a nice country. Since I came to Australia, I have seen most of Australia. I have visited many places around Australia by caravanning and yet the only state I still need to go is Tasmania.

I used to feel lonely but not anymore. I have many friends now and I start to feel Australia my second home. I thank immigration department to assist me in settling down in Australia by allowing me to join a migrant English class where I met people and made friends with them. I also thank Community College in Bairnsdale to accommodate me to learn English and cook Australian food. I thank Sarah Lamble and Junita Lyon for being so helpful and kind in helping me to learn and experience many things to Australian life.

I am going to finish this courses by 18 May 2010 so I will say good bye now and hope we can meet again some day.

All the best and thank you again,
Lania

No comments:

Post a Comment